Thursday, May 5, 2011

Progress

We are now in Week 15 of our training. Our coach has announced that the next three weeks will be the toughest.

Swimming feels good. Biking feels good. Running, not so good.

I think I am finally learning the things we were taught last year in swimming. I guess you just have to keep practicing till you get it right.

Our Saturday workout: bike to from Genesee Park to Seward Park and back, a loop of about 5 miles. Include a lap up the Seward Park Ave hill. Run a lap around Genesee Park. Repeat all this 5 times. It was fun. The biking didn't feel too bad, although I was tired for the last 2 laps. The running felt awful, a least for the first half of each lap.

It's probably obvious, but running has been a struggle. With stretching, strengthening, physical therapy visits, I managed to reduce the pain in the back, hip, knee to just a little soreness in my hip. Last night I ran the perimeter of the Zoo (My, what a farmyard smell.) Running was fun for the first time in weeks. There is a little glimmer of hope on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment