Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Rainy Week

What is going on? I'm feeling old, not energized.

When I finished last year's triathlon I felt alive. When I stopped training to let my knee heal up the energy slipped away, week by week. I want that feeling again. When is it going to come back?

Tuesday was 'strides' at the track: 90% effort on the straight stretchs and recovery on the corners. Running fast is fun, even though I can't keep it up with the others. Wednesday night was fast repeats at the pool, trying to maintain an even pace. Thursday was another physical therapy session, then indoor pedaling in the evening. Friday was my coveted rest day. And Saturday . . .

Saturday was a bike ride starting at Redmond: Bike an easy pace to Kenmore. Turn around. Push it. Get dropped by the lead group. Keep that lady with the new bike in sight. Get dropped by her too. Get lost in the last mile. Use the iPhone to find your way back. Clean the little worms off your bike. (Where did those come from? Everyone had them.) Come home to the rain.

Sunday was another run in Discovery Park. Actually it was a lot of walking.

Just another typical training week.

No comments:

Post a Comment